Discover the Master's programme & tracks
The Master's programme Information Studies offers specialisations in two tracks. Data Science is one of them. The other track is:
The study programme
In the one year Data Science Master's track, you will acquire knowledge of the theories and tools used in data science. We will teach you how to use these tools for working with data in different domains, such as Healthcare, Media and Communication, Smart City, Life Sciences and Digital Humanities.
You will benefit from the strong collaboration with Amsterdam Data Science (ADS), bringing together leading researchers across the entire life cycle of data science, from expertise in machine learning and information retrieval to human computer interaction and large-scale data management.
Meet the people
How to get to know this Master's programme better than via its students? Read the experiences from students and what they say about Data Science.
Data Science gives me the opportunity to make information accessible and comprehensible for a general public.Madli Uutma, student Data Science
Is Data Science for you?
It is, if you:
- want to translate scientific, societal and business challenges into data related solutions;
- want to learn how to explore and analyse data;
- want to understand how to conduct, assess and evaluate data science projects;
- use your background for data science projects in various domains;
- have experience with programming and statistics;
- like to work together with motivated students, with a broad range of educational backgrounds.