The minimum scores required on the TOEFL Test are:
- Internet-based test (iBT): 92 with a minimum of 20 on each subject
- Artificial Intelligence, Brain and Cognitive Sciences and Information Studies: 98, with a minimum of 22 for reading and listining and 24 for writing and speaking
- Software Engineering: 100 with a minimum of 24 on each subject
The TOEFL-code for the Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam is: 9011.
IELTS Test (only Academic IELTS is accepted)
- Minimum score 6.5, at least 6.0 on sub-scores (listening/reading/writing/speaking).
- Artificial Intelligence, Brain and Cognitive Sciences and Information Studies: minimum score 7.0, sub-scores on writing and speaking at least 7.0, sub-scores on listening and reading at least 6.5
- Software Engineering: minimum of at least 7.0 on each sub-score (listening/reading/writing/speaking)
Cambridge Examination Score
On both CAE/Advanced or a CPE/Proficiency an A, B, C (C1 or C2) suffice.
Nuffic Certificate for Chinese students
Chinese applicants are required to take an IELTS test or the TOEFL (Internet-based test only). These are the only two tests accepted by the Nuffic, which provides certificates to all Chinese students who wish to study in the Netherlands.