- who find it interesting to explore other cultures and societies.
- who are willing to take a close look at their own ideas and (preliminary) judgements.
- who are interested in the question why people act in certain ways, even if they do or want something which at first sight seems strange - or even reprehensible.
Introduction to Cultural Anthropology1—212
Restricted-choice electives: Specialisation Course???studyprogramme .period??? 46
Restricted-choice electives: Regional Course???studyprogramme .period??? 1???studyprogramme .period??? 56
Restricted-choice electives: Theme Course4—512
Related Master's programmes
This minor may serve as a good preparation for academic Bachelor’s students who want to apply for admission to a Master's in Cultural and Social Anthropology, Cultural and Social Anthropology: Applied Anthropology, Cultural and Social Anthropology: Visual Anthropology and Medical Anthropology and Sociology. Always check the entry requirements of the Master’s programme you are interested in.
- For Bachelor's students from the UvA and other Dutch universities there are no entry requirements for this minor.
- Students from universities of applied sciences (HBO) do not have access to this minor.
- Apply for the minor using the application form for UvA students in the Course Catalogue (registration is mandatory).
- Students from other universities must first register as an elective course student in Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology (in Studielink).