|Application deadline for the early bird discount
1 December 2023 (€5,000 discount)
1 March 2024 (€2,000 discount)
1 June 2024
1 September 2024
Please check the admission requirements before you start your application process.
A degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) from a recognised research university.
Relevant work experience
A minimum of 3 years post-graduate full-time work experience.
You can choose to do a GMAT / GRE test or do an in-house test.
- GMAT / GRE: the suggested minimum GMAT score is 600, for GMAT Focus 565. Our average GMAT score is 680, for GMAT Focus 625. GRE scores will be converted to GMAT.
- Analytical in-house test: scoring on Numerical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning.
Candidates with a business or quantitative Master’s degree (e.g. MSc in International Business, Econometrics or Mathematics) from an internationally recognised research University may be exempt from this requirement. Exemptions can only be confirmed once the MBA Admissions Committee has received and reviewed your application files.
A minimum TOEFL of 100 or IELTS of 7.0 is required. You may be exempt from this requirement if:
- English is your first language.
- You have 3 years of international professional work experience.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree taught in English
- Please note that your degree certificate or transcripts should mention that the language of instruction was English. Is the instruction language not mentioned? Then you will need to submit a letter from your higher education institute, stating that the curriculum was completely taught in English.
- You obtained a Dutch VWO high school diploma. Exemptions can only be confirmed once the MBA Admissions Committee has received and reviewed your full application file.
If you have obtained your degree at a University of Applied Sciences (HBO) in the Netherlands, you will need to successfully complete our pre-Master's programme to qualify for entry into this programme.
|Duration||4 months (16 weeks)|
|Lectures||Fridays from 9:00-17:00|
|Location||Amsterdam Business School|
|Starting dates||February or September|
|Application deadline||2 months before your chosen starting date|
For more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com.
How to apply for this MBA
Check your eligibility
Upload your CV and we will check if you are eligible for this study. We will respond within 3 business days.
If you meet the criteria, you will receive an invitation to officially register via our online application tool. After this, you can continue with our 3-step application process.
1. Submit your online application
Once your eligibility has been confirmed, you can submit your online application. This step will take around 2 hours of your time. In our online application portal you will kindly be asked to fill in, or upload the following:
- Your 1-page CV.
- Transcript(s) and related diploma('s) from your highest university degree (all non-Dutch and non-English transcripts must be accompanied by a certified English translation).
- Share 3 essays in writing of 250 words.
- First essay: tell us what sets you apart from the competition, why you are looking into an MBA degree and what your post-MBA goals are.
- Second essay: Your take on diversity.
- Third essay (optional): outline your personal life circumstances that have made you the person you are today.
- GMAT/ GRE (if applicable) you can submit a provisional test date and hand in your score after submitting your online application.
- TOEFL/ IELTS (if applicable).
- Scan of your passport.
- Contact details of 2 references – they will receive an automated message with a link to a digital form they can fill out to share their recommendation.
2. LTP Assessment
If your application is in order, you will be invited for the LTP Assessment. This assessment takes around 2 hours and costs €150. You can take it in your own time. The results of this test will tell us more about your motives and work style. The outcome will be discussed during the admissions interview and will also be used during your careers coaching whilst you are in the MBA. The costs of the test will be deducted from your tuition fee in case you enrol in the programme.
3. Admissions interview
This 45-minute interview will focus on your skill-set, LTP test results, motivation and career goals. It is scheduled on campus or via Teams and is conducted by an admissions board member who has reviewed your application files.
The admissions board decides within 5 working days after the interview, whether there is a good match between the Amsterdam MBA and your profile. If successful, you will be offered one of the seats in the MBA programme.
If you are admitted to the programme, you will be required to pay an enrolment fee of €4,000 to secure your seat in the Amsterdam MBA class. This enrolment fee is part of the tuition fee and is non-refundable.
What is included in the costs of this MBA?
The fee covers the whole programme including courses, the international study trip, use of the MBA facilities, university registration, the enrolment fee and the examination fees. The fee does not cover textbooks and software (approx. €500), visa costs, living expenses and accommodation.
You can pay your tuition fee in 3 equal instalments spread across the duration of the programme. There are various payment plan options to choose from, this will be discussed in-depth during the application process.
Lifelong learning credit (Levenlanglerenkrediet)
DUO offers a loan for tuition fees for professionals living and working in the Netherlands (Levenlanglerenkrediet). For more information, please check the DUO website (page in Dutch).
For the MBA you are able to apply for a student loan from Prodigy Finance. Please visit Prodigy Finance for more information and application.
Convince your employer to finance your study
Following an MBA does not only have benefits for you as a student, but also for your employer. Download our factsheet to convince your employer.
10% UvA alumni discount
UvA alumni that apply at Amsterdam Business School are eligible for a 10% discount on the tuition fee.
Leaders in Business and Society Scholarship
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have become key strategic pillars of the Amsterdam Business School. To emphasise the importance of sustainability related research, the Amsterdam MBA offers 3 scholarships worth €10,000 each for MBA candidates that have contributed to the SDGs in their career.
Leaders in Business and Society
Our ambition is to develop leaders in business and society and support students with backgrounds in, for example, social entrepreneurship, NGOs or charity organisations. We are pleased to see that the ranking in the Financial Times recognises our efforts in this area in both our education and research. We are proud to be in the top 10.
Participate in our essay contest and convince us that you have made a difference through following the SDGs. In order to compete, you will have to respond to the following question in an essay (max. 600 words):
How have you contributed to the UNs SDGs in your personal or professional life?
Deadline and requirements
- Send your essay before 1 May 2024 at 23:59 CET.
- The essays will be revised by a committee.
- Selected scholarship winners will be personally informed on 15 May 2024.
The MBA Admissions Board encourages high GMAT scores. We therefore reward scores above 650 with a discount. This discount can go up to €12,000 for the highest scores. Ask the MBA Admissions Office for the exact breakdown.
Scholarship programmes from the Dutch government
The Dutch Ministry of Education and Sciences offers scholarships covering costs of living expenses within the framework of cultural agreements between the Netherlands and other countries. Information is available from the Dutch embassy or consulate in your country or via www.nuffic.nl and www.grantfinder.nl.
Scholarship programmes from your own government
We would like to recommend you to contact and inquire with grant-giving institutions and foundations in your home country. In many countries there are substantial funds available for students planning to study abroad.