About the programme
During the pre-Master's programme, you will complete coursework in either business or research related subjects, or in both. Which courses you will follow depends on the type of university degree you have completed. Consequently, there are 3 variations of the pre-Master's programme for WO students:
- The 15 EC variant that consists of courses in Marketing Management, Strategy & Organisation and Leadership & Management
- The 10 EC variant that consists of research methodology courses
- The 25 EC variant that consists of both Business courses and quantitative research methodology courses
Entry and selection requirements
Entry requirements consist of the minimum academic study and mathematics requirements which all applicants must achieve in order to qualify for admission. The selection is based on your GPA.
1. Dutch University Bachelor’s degree
Applicants must have completed an academic Bachelor’s programme:
- If you have a Dutch or European academic BSc and/or MSc degree including advanced quantitative research methods, but without business-related courses, you will follow the 4-month 15 EC study programme. This programme consists of the 3 business administration-related courses.
- If you have a Dutch or European academic BSc degree with at least 15 EC in Business Administration courses (preferably a minor) with less than 10 EC in quantitative research courses, you will follow the 10 EC study programme. This programme solely consists of the 2 management research methods courses.
- If you have a Dutch or European academic BSc degree with insufficient coursework in both quantitative research methods and Business-related coursework, you will follow the 25 EC study programme. This programme consists of the 2 management research methods courses and three Business courses.
Mathematics is a fundamental component of both the pre-Master’s and Master’s programme in Business Administration. An appropriate level of mathematics is therefore required before beginning the pre-Master’s programme. Applicants can fulfill this requirement in one of 3 ways:
- HAVO diploma with Wiskunde B and a grade of 6 or higher (Mathematics B1 and B2 before 2008)
- VWO diploma with Wiskunde A or B and a grade of 6 or higher
- VWO Wiskunde A or B Mathematics Certificate from one of the following institutions:
Note that the mathematics requirement must be fulfilled on or before the application deadline. Applicants who do not meet the mathematics requirement are not eligible for admission.
EU secondary school diploma
Applicants with an international secondary school diploma may already meet this requirement. Check the shortlist below to see whether this applies to you.
- International Baccalaureate: Math SL, HL, A&A SL or HL, A&I HL
- European Baccalaureate: 5-period Mathematics
- British A-levels: A-level certificate in Mathematics or Physics
- German Abitur: Mathematik prüfungsfach as Grundkurs or Leistungskurs
- French Baccalaureate: Mathematics as final exam
- Belgian Algemeen Secundair Onderwijs: Mathematics as final exam
If your diploma is not listed and you would like to know whether you meet the mathematics requirement, please check the diploma calculator.
If you do not meet the mathematic requirement you can take an extra exam at VWO Wiskunde A or B Mathematics Certificate from one of the above institutions.
3. Grade Point Average selection requirement
There are many more applications from qualified applicants than there are places in the programme. As a result, the Admissions Office selects applicants for the pre-Master’s Business Administration programme based on their Grade Point Average (GPA).
Applicants with a WO Bachelor’s degree are required to have a GPA of at least 7.0 in years 1-3 of the Bachelor’s programme, including any electives.
This means that you are not automatically admitted when you have a 7.0 GPA, but that you will be considered for the selection and placed on the waitlist.
Send your GPA calculation along with your application. You can provide an updated transcript before the 1 June application deadline, updated transcripts after the 1st of June will not be accepted. We do not have a reserve list after selection.
In total, there are 50 places available for university-level students, that will be given to the applicants with the highest GPA until all places are filled.
Application and Admission
Only fully completed applications inclusive of all documents will be processed. All applicants who have qualified for selection will be informed of the result of their application by the last week of June at the latest.