Would you like to find out if Gender and Sexuality is the right programme for you? Sign up to attend the next Master’s Week or register to receive updates about the Master’s programme.
Discover the Master's programme and tracks
Gender and Sexuality is offered within two Master's programmes: Political Science and Sociology. Choose to study either Political Science or Sociology and supplement your disciplinary programme with the interdisciplinary field of gender and sexuality studies:
The Master's track offers a training in gender and sexuality studies, that is both interdisciplinary (within the Social Sciences) and aligned with the disciplinary degree (Political Science or Sociology) that you are enrolled in. The curriculum combines an interdisciplinary core course for all students and a Master's thesis focused on gender and sexuality within your discipline.
The staff teaching is internationally renowned for its research excellence in gender and sexuality. The track is connected to the Chair in Sociology of Gender and Sexuality and coordinated within Political Science, by Conny Roggeband.
You graduate in your chosen discipline, Political Science or Sociology. After graduating in gender and sexuality, you will have career opportunities in:
- educational organisations
- (international) governmental and non-governmental organisations
- consultancy and research firms
- academic research that require a training in gender, sexuality, and diversity
Is Gender and Sexuality for you?
Are you interested in:
- Understanding processes of in- and exclusion and how structures of power operate?
- Grasping truth claims and putting them in context?
- Studying day-to-day lives and experiences in an ever-changing world?
- Deepening your knowledge about feminist and queer theory and applying this knowledge?
- Critically scrutinising and developing sustainable perspectives in policy and politics, cultural initiatives, and political activism?
Then Gender and Sexuality might be the track for you!