ACMES is an umbrella organization that brings together UvA-based researchers working on topics related to the Middle East and North Africa. Over seventy scholars, working in both the Humanities and the Social Sciences, are associated to our centre. ACMES organizes lectures, conferences and research seminars, for academics, students and a wider audience.
We are looking for someone who is able to
- assist the board in the organization and coordination of the ACMES events
- attend meetings of the Steering Committee and take minutes.
What we offer
ACMES offers the successful applicant the opportunity to:
- gain practical experience in an academic working environment in the field of Middle Eastern studies;
- strengthen organizational skills through the coordination and organization of lectures
- access a network of academics, policy makers and other relevant actors in Middle Eastern studies.
- demonstrable academic interest in the Middle East;
- good organizational skills;
- communicative and social skills;
- excellent writing skills and good command of the English language;
Applicants should be MA students or advanced BA students at the UvA in a field of study relevant to ACMES, such as Middle Eastern Studies. Native or near-native command of the Dutch language is considered an asset. In case of equal qualifications, students with a bicultural background will be given priority.
Financial compensation will be offered in the form of book vouchers.
Information and application
Those interested are invited to send their application no later than September 15th, containing a letter of motivation and a resume with at least two names of academic references (do not send letters of recommendation), by e-mail, to email@example.com.