Media Studies has a rich and diverse research culture. On this page you can read more about Mediastudies' involvement with various research schools and institutes.
Research Institutes UvA
National Research Institutes
- CREATE (Creative Amsterdam: An E-Humanities Perspective); investigates how cultural industries have shaped Amsterdam’s unique position in a European and global context, from the seventeenth century until the present day.
- DATACTIVE; about big data collection, privacy and surveillance, social movements, activism and internet activism.
- ASCA Cities Project; ' brings together a diverse group of scholars, research students, and practitioners particulary interested in comparing the cultural dimensions of cities.
- CHINA CREATIVE; from Made in China to Created in China. A Comparative Study of Creative Practice and Production in Contemporary China.
- Every year, the New Media Team organises a 'Summer and Winter School'.
Research priority areas Faculty of Humanities