Specialise with a Master's degree
With your Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Economics you are guaranteed admission to one or more associated Economics and Business Master’s programmes. The follow-on Master’s programmes align seamlessly with your Bachelor’s programme. A Master’s programme enables you to gain advanced knowledge and engage in experience-based learning. The specialised knowledge and experience gained in your Master’s are assets in the job market that help you climb the career ladder.
Where do our graduates work?
As an economist or business economist, you could take a position with employers such as:
- multinationals, banks, pension funds and insurers (as a financial analyst, stock trader, investment expert, controller or account manager, for example)
- large and small businesses in all manner of sectors (as a business analyst, strategic consultant, data analyst or portfolio manager, for example)
- government ministries (as an economic adviser or policy officer, for example)
- academic institutions (as a researcher or PhD candidate, for example)
- consultancy bureaus (as an accountant or management consultant, for example)
Career preparation and personal development during your Bachelor's
The Economics and Business Career Centre (EBCC) helps you develop individual skills, gain experience and build connections. The team of personal development assistants, career coaches and internship advisors assist you in increasing your employability and confidence when you take your next step after graduation. The skills and experiences you obtained through your studies, internships, and study-related secondary jobs are your currency in a rapidly evolving labour market. The EBCC offers workshops, personality tests and more to help you enhance and improve valuable skills.
The EBCC organises large career events, often together with study associations. Meet employers and learn about the latest developments in job searching and employment.
Think of the Career month junior, the Amsterdam career days, de FSA profession days, the International Finance Days, the Amsterdam Marketing event and the Amsterdam Recruitment event.
'I realised that this Bachelor's was the only one with a real diverse quality. Business, finance and economics subjects are covered, helping you with situations that you would experience in the field.'