The minimum scores required on the TOEFL Test are:
- Internet-based test (iBT): 92 with a minimum subscore of 22 on each subject (listening/reading/writing/speaking)
- Artificial Intelligence, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Information Studies and Software Engineering: 100 with a minimum of 24 on each subject.
Please note that we accept ‘MyBest Scores’.
The TOEFL-code for the Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam is: 9011.
IELTS Test (only Academic IELTS is accepted)
- Minimum score 6.5, and a subscore of at least 6.0 on all subject (listening/reading/writing/speaking).
- Artificial Intelligence, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Software Engineering and Information Studies: minimum score 7.0, and also 7.0 on each subject
C1 Advanced (CAE) and C2 Proficiency (CPE)
- A minimum score of:
170, CAE C, CPE C
- Artificial Intelligence, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Information Studies and Software Engineering: a minimum score of: 183, CAE B, CPE C
Nuffic Certificate for Chinese students
Chinese applicants are required to take an IELTS test or the TOEFL (Internet-based test only). These are the only two tests accepted by the Nuffic, which provides certificates to all Chinese students who wish to study in the Netherlands.