Graduates of this programme are especially suited to work in highly interdisciplinary areas due to their experience learning and conducting research in several disciplines. Other skills acquired by graduates, including the ability to work in a team, communication, reflection, evaluation, ability to learn and adapt, serve them well in a variety of fields.
Meet Doris! She is now a PhD student at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience at the vision and cognition lab.
International PhD position
About 70% of our alumni have obtained PhD positions soon after graduating at institutions, including:
- University of Amsterdam, NL
- Radboud University Nijmegen, NL
- Leiden University, NL
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, BE
- Max Planck Institute, DE
- Princeton University, USA
- University College, London, UK
- Bangor University, Wales, UK
Meet Lucas! He is currently teaching Biomedical Science at the Vrije Universiteit. How did he experience the transition to the labor market?
A career in other fields
Students who decided not to continue in academia continued their career in the following fields:
- IT-sector (interaction design, usability, computer-supported cooperative work, knowledge management, etc.)
- Human resources
- Science writing
Meet Iris! She is currently working as a science writer.