A degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) from a recognised research university. With a degree issued by a University of Applied Sciences (HBO), you will need to take the Pre-master's programme (20 weeks) first.
Relevant work experience
A minimum of 3 years post-graduate full-time work experience.
GMAT or GRE report
A competitive GMAT/ GRE score. Typically our average is around 650 for MBA. However, this is an average, so of course we look at the complete picture.
Candidates with a business or quantitative Master’s degree (e.g. MSc in International Business, Econometrics or Mathematics) from an internationally recognised research University may be exempt from the GMAT/ GRE requirement. Exemptions can only be confirmed once the MBA Admissions Committee has received and reviewed your application files.
A minimum TOEFL of 100 or IELTS of 7.0 is required. You may be exempt from this requirement if:
- English is your first language.
- You have 2 years of international professional work experience.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree taught in English
Please note that your degree certificate or transcripts should mention that the language of instruction was English. Is the instruction language not mentioned? Then you will need to submit a letter from your higher education institute, stating that the curriculum was completely taught in English.
- You obtained a Dutch VWO high school diploma. Exemptions can only be confirmed once the MBA Admissions Committee has received and reviewed your full application file.
An international outlook
The ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
Personal skills and qualities
We strive for our candidates to be ambitious, have leadership potential and drive, to be dedicated and independent and have passion and confidence.
Amsterdam Business School institutional codes
- GMAT = DG4-2L-60 (University of Amsterdam institutional code = 0500)
- GRE = 6739
- TOEFL = 6739