Why choose Econometrics and Policy Analysis?
- Focus on the process of policy analysis from cause to effect, by using observational data and discussing (policy) implications of empirical research based on the latest econometric techniques. In addition to the 4 general courses of the MSc Econometrics.
- You will be lectured by professors and experts working in a wide range of economic organisations and fields. Therefore, you have access to up-to-date cases and learnings from the field of environmental and resource economics, health economics, and micro- and macroeconometrics.
- After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect at private and public organisations, NGOs or multinationals as, e.g. modelling analyst or chief economist.
Hi, I'm Catalina! I'm a Master's student in Econometrics from Colombia. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Catalina
Watch Ramon's review of the MSc in Econometrics.
Advise on market development and behaviour
In the Econometrics and Policy Analysis track, you will estimate the costs of climate change and environmental (dis)amenities, study monetary policy questions faced by the world's central banks. Also, you dive into the world of healthcare to help businesses, governments and NGOs shape their strategies and economic policies. You will study core econometric and data science courses and learn how to unravel the effects of economic, environmental and health interventions. Our teaching staff highly regard critical thought, so expect challenging discussions and a steep learning curve.
Graduates of the MSc Econometrics can be found in a wide variety of private and public organisations, such as:
- financial institutions and banks;
- research departments of large public and private organisations;
- public agencies;
Is the Master’s in Econometrics for you?
Econometrists help solve economic and societal questions by analysing real data through mathematical and statistical models. In the MSc Econometrics we train you to programme these models and interpret their outcome effectively. If you recognise yourself in the following profile, Econometrics could be the right choice for you:
- You have a strong background in mathematics, statistics, and econometrics.
- You are interested in economics and societal issues.
- You are capable of working independently and in groups.
- You show initiative.
- You are fluent in English.
Are you an ambitious student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Econometrics tracks
Data Analytics is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Econometrics. Take a look at the other tracks.