Why choose Econometrics and Mathematical Economics?
- Focus on the advanced mathematics behind economic complexity as well as calculations of market behaviour and modelling, beside the 4 general courses of the MSc Econometrics.
- You will be lectured by professors and experts working in a wide range of economic organisations and fields. Therefore, you have access to up-to-date cases and learnings from the field of econometric theory, panel data, micro- and financial econometrics and economic behaviour.
- After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect at private organisations, financial organisations or multinationals as e.g. risk management consultant or chief economist
Hi, I'm Catalina! I'm a Master's student in Econometrics from Colombia. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Catalina
Watch our student's review of the MSc in Econometrics.
Advise on market development and behaviour
In the Econometrics and Mathematical Economics track you will study economic theory, and learn about the complex calculations that govern today's advanced market configurations and pricing structures. Our teaching staff has a high regard for critical thought, so expect challenging discussions and a steep learning curve.
Graduates of the MSc Econometrics can be found in a wide variety of private and public organisations, such as:
- financial institutions and banks
- research departments of large public and private organisations
- public agencies
Is the Master’s in Econometrics for you?
Econometrists help solve economic and societal questions by analysing real data through mathematical and statistical models. In the MSc Econometrics we train you to programme these models and interpret their outcome effectively. If you recognise yourself in the following profile, Econometrics could be the right choice for you:
- You have a strong background in mathematics, statistics, and econometrics.
- You are interested in economics and societal issues.
- You are capable of working independently and in groups.
- You show initiative.
- You are fluent in English.
Are you an ambitous student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Econometrics tracks
Econometrics and Mathematical Economics is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Econometrics. Take a look at the other tracks.