Interested? Then Human Geography and Planning is your programme. In this Bachelor’s programme you will study the relationship between people and their environments, analysing pressing social issues and devising new solutions. Not only by reading books and articles, but also by doing research in the Dutch capital of Amsterdam and abroad.
Would you like to find out if Human Geography and Planning is the right programme for you? Introductions are available throughout the year. Sign up to attend the UvA Bachelor’s Week or find an overview of all our events.
Learn more about what the BSc Human Geography and Planning is and what aspects you will learn during this 3-year programme.
Studying Human Geography and Planning, you engage in research on socio spatial processes: the relationship between people and their environments.
- You learn to understand how (inter)national differences and similarities between places are formed
- You study the connections between spatial and social developments across international, national and local levels
- You learn how to analyse and identify solutions for complex issues in and beyond the Netherlands, by combining various research methods, including advanced spatial analysis
Small groups and personal (learning) setting
Learn to contribute to change
Discover your interests and expertise
Your Bachelor's degree, with your socio-spatial approach to urgent societal issues, will give you an immediate advantage on the job market. Many students choose to continue their studies with a Master's degree. National and international Master's programmes. Master's programmes that are closely related to this Bachelor's degree at the UvA:
- Human Geography
- Urban and Regional Planning
- International Development Studies
- Research Master's Urban Studies
Is Human Geography and Planning for you?
- You are interested in people and the world around you
- You want to contribute to a more sustainable and equitable use of space
- You like to explore and understand new places
Then Human Geography and Planning is definitely for you.