Discover the Master's programme & tracks
The Master's programme Biological Sciences offers specialisations in 4 tracks. General Biology is one of them. The other tracks are:
The study programme
This programme offers the freedom to combine courses of all biological masters of the University of Amsterdam and other universities in consultation with the examination committee. It gives you the opportunity to create your own specific study path.
Almost no restrictions in designing your own study path.
Learn about any topic you like in the domain of Biology.
Participate in research at renowned research institutes in Amsterdam, the Netherlands or abroad.
Excellent options for improving the skills you need in academic or non-academic professional fields.
Graduates of the Master's programme in General Biology are qualified to obtain PhD or research positions at the UvA and at other universities, academic institutes and international research organisations. But career opportunities are not necessarily limited to the field of study.
Is General Biology for you?
It is, if you:
- have a solid background in biology;
- plan to work in areas where a broad knowledge of biology will be useful;
- want to learn to address issues of global interest;
- are looking specifically for much freedom to compile your own programme;
- want the advantages of a small-scale programme, where students and staff all know each other.
'This master’s program allowed me to build a curriculum that fit my goals right from the start, while still having the flexibility to make adjustments as my interests developed.'