Would you like to find out if Political Communication is the right programme for you? Sign up to attend the next Master’s Week or register to receive updates about the Master’s programme.
Discover the Master’s programme & tracks
Within the Master's Communication Science you specialize in one of the following four tracks:
- Political Communication (Communication Science)
- Corporate Communication (Communication Science)
- Entertainment Communication (Communication Science)
- Persuasive Communication (Communication Science)
In this Master’s, you will study how interactions between (non-)governmental actors, politicians, journalists, and citizens take shape, and with what effects. You will learn how (social) media influences political engagement, who tries to influence the news, how powerful journalists are in setting the (political) agenda, and take a comparative look at how this differs in different countries.
Why study Communication Science at the UvA?
4 different specialisations
The lecturers and supervisors in the Communication Science Master’s programme are internationally renowned for their experience and expertise in their field of research.
This track provides the basis for editorial, policy, advisory and research positions in the media sector, government, politics, civil-society organisations and the commercial world.
Graduates can be found working as:
- data scientists
- communication consultants for numerous organisations ranging from local municipalities to the European Union and from non-governmental organisations to ministries.
- PhD students and in academic research jobs
Is the Master's track: Political Communication for you?
Are you interested in:
- learning how changing (social) media habits influence citizens’ political engagement?
- critically analysing the interactions between the public, the media and politics?
- examining key changes and challenges facing journalism today?
- developing cutting-edge research skills for a communication- or media-related career?
- studying with an engaged group of international students?
Then Political Communication is the right Master's track for you!