Our graduates have learned how to think as an EU lawyer and are able to quickly master any specific area of EU law. This gives them the ability and flexibility to adapt to diverse working environments and functions.
It makes our students attractive to a variety of employers: international law firms and Ministries in the Netherlands and abroad, consultancy firms, and national and multinational corporate companies. But also, competition authorities and market regulatory authorities in the Netherlands and abroad, EU institutions, regional authorities, and more.
Quite some graduates European Union Law continue their legal studies and pursue a PhD in European law.
Our 2019-2022 graduates study or work
- At law firms (De Brauw, Stibbe, e.a.)
- At the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Policy Expert
- At the Ministry of Economics and Climite as Rijkstrainee
- At the Dutch Council of State as Judicial Assistant
- At Adidas as Senior Manager Corporate Strategy
- At Philips as Due Diligence Anylist and Legal Compliance Program Manager
- At the Access to Justice Foundation as Fundraising and Communications Administrator
- At NIPO Survey Solutions as Data Protection Executive
- At WTS Global as Business Development & Strategy Consultant
- At Citizens Advice as Senior Policy Researcher
- At Freshfield Bruckhaus Deringer as Associate
- At the European University Institute as PhD Researcher
In this video Alumni of the EU Law tracks talk about how their experiences in studying at the University of Amsterdam has helped them in their professional careers.