Would you like to find out if Public Policy and Governance is the right programme for you? Sign up to attend the next Master’s Week or register to receive updates about the Master’s programme.
Discover the other Master's tracks in Political Science
The Public Policy and Governance track prepares students to meet demands for effective and legitimate public action in complex and often controversial political settings. The programme helps students develop as critical analysts and innovative designers by linking research and practice, theory and action on the ‘shop floor’ on the local, national, European, and international levels. Opportunities are provided to study policy work at and across these levels.
The staff teaching in the Public Policy and Governance programme is internationally renowned for its research excellence.
Students typically find a career in:
- public organisations (governmental, as well as non-governmental organisations)
- policy advisory bureaus
- consultancy firms
- multi-nationals and other companies
Strong link between policy problems and ongoing social and political developments
Department of Political Science is the largest in the Netherlands
International student body
Is Public Policy and Governance for you?
- Are you interested in how problems become political and prompt public action?
- Do you wonder about how the professionals and public officials responsible cope with the complex and changing demands that these problems set?
- Do you want to learn more about how learning and innovation develop as public policy is made and implemented?
Then Public Policy and Governance might be the track for you!