Social psychology as a science aims to explain and predict human behaviour. The emphasis here is on understanding the role of the social context. Knowledge about determinants of behaviour, such as emotions, motivation, attitudes and group dynamics, can increase the effectiveness of interventions. These determinants play a significant role when you, for example, want to encourage citizens to separate their waste or help care for the elderly, or if you want your target group to purchase specific products.
Is Social Influence right for you?
Yes, if you are interested in:
- The social psychology that drives human behaviour
- Understanding the principles of social influence
- Developing evidence-based interventions for societal problems, creating marketing strategies, doing applied research or solving other human behaviour challenges
- Working on applied questions together with other students
- Pursuing a non-academic career in government, NGO, or marketing
Discover the Master’s programme & tracks
The Social Psychology programme group offers specialisations in three tracks. Social Influence is one of them.
The other tracks are: