Students and lecturers from Security and Network Engineering tell you during our Online Open Day Event what to expect from this programme and discuss career opportunities once you have graduated.
The study programme
Security and Network Engineering is the only academic Master's programme in The Netherlands that focuses on understanding, developing and maintaining complex IT systems and networks. It raises questions like: How do you apply different software components within a complex architecture, to end up with an efficiently working system?
Close contact and personal mentoring by expert lecturers, whom are active in the field or valued in academics.
Freedom to choose subjects in practical projects and possibilities to work on them at esteemed corporations and research institutes.
Programme was rated best IT master in Keuzegids 2021 and qualifications of graduates are highly valued by subsequent employers.
Our own dedicated server room, hardware, workspaces, infrastructure, IP space and AS.
Meet the people
How to get to know this Master's programme better than via its students and teachers? Read the experiences from students and check what teachers say about Security and Network Engineering.
The practical character of this Master's programme really appealed to me. Most Master's in this field are quite theoretical, with lots of papers and not a lot of action.Cosmin Dumitru, student Security and Network Engineering
In a world that increasingly uses and depends on the technical ICT infrastructure, and where (cyber)security is an rising issue, security and network engineers are indispensable in the efficient and effective functioning and innovation of this infrastructure. Their expertise in technical details and understanding of the goals and needs of organisations and society ensure the correct management of the infrastructure.
Is Security and Network Engineering for you?
It is, if you:
- have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent;
- are ambitious and want to develop your knowledge and skills in the area of Security or Networking;
- are looking for a technically challenging top rated Master’s programme, that is also available in part-time;
- want to be part of a small team of students and staff, that is permanently available for any questions that may arise;
- want to work in the SNE lab with first class material at your own reserved work space and server space.