The study programme
The Master Software Engineering is a one-year academic programme. It familiarises students with the broad and dynamic field of software engineering. Software engineering projects are complex undertakings, and there is no single recipe that guarantees success in all cases. This programme makes students better software engineers, designers and architects.
Meet the people
How to get to know this Master's programme better than via its students and teachers? Read the experiences from students and check what teachers say about Software Engineering.
The supervision you get from lecturers is excellent, they really keep a close eye on everyone's progress. If it becomes clear that someone is lagging behind, they’ll offer additional coaching.Willem Visscher, alumni Software Engineering
Good software programmers are generally in high demand in both industry and research. And apart from strong programming skills, graduates have an in-depth understanding of all practical, theoretical, technology- and human-oriented aspects of software engineering, which allows them to objectively and effectively assess both their own work and that of others and to convincingly argue their point of view.
Is Software Engineering for you?
It is, if you:
- have a solid technological basis and a fundamental understanding of computer science and software;
- want to study software engineering on an academic level;
- are curious and like being challenged by complex software issues;
- want to learn how to make thorough strategic decisions;
- want to learn how to collaborate and negotiate effectively;
- are critical, but also innovative and open for discussion.