For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

Contact information

Staff Immigration Office, HR and UvA Staff Housing

Questions about moving to the Netherlands? We're here to help! The Staff Immigration Office provides immigration support for new international staff. If you're coming to work for the Faculty of Science, the Faculty's HR department provides these services. UvA Staff Housing can help with your search for accommodation.

Staff Immigration Office

Before you arrive

Our main task is to help arrange all the paperwork, including work permits, residence permits, insurance and registering with local authorities. As soon as your Faculty contacts us about your appointment, we will start guiding you through the immigration process. 

Once you are in the Netherlands

As soon as you arrive in the Netherlands, we'll arrange an intake interview. During the intake, we can help you register with your local municipality, open a bank account and arrange health insurance.

Contact us

Visit us

We are open daily from 9:00 to 17:00.

Faculty of Science - HR department

Coming to work for the Faculty of Science?  The Faculty’s Human Resources department will help you with paperwork, local registration and other matters related to living in Amsterdam and working at the UvA.

Contact us

Visit us

We are open daily from 9:00 to 17:00.

Science Park 904

Science Park 904
1098 XH Amsterdam

UvA Staff Housing

UvA Staff Housing is a service to help PhDs and other researchers from outside the Netherlands to find housing in Amsterdam. We can arrange accommodation for a period of one month to four years. 

Note for students

If you are a student and need immigration support, please visit these pages:

Visas and permits - University of Amsterdam (
Contact - University of Amsterdam (