For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Working at the UvA

Staff Immigration Office

Support for international staff

Are you moving to the Netherlands to work at the UvA? The Staff Immigration Office is here to support you. Our first task is to help arrange all the paperwork, from residence permits to insurance and registration. We also provide information on living in Amsterdam and the Netherlands.

Loading video..

Please note: the Staff Immigration Office services all faculties except the Faculty of Science. Coming to work for the Faculty of Science? See the information at the bottom of this page.

Intake interview

As soon as you arrive in the Netherlands, we'll arrange an intake interview. During the intake, we can help you register with your local municipality, open a bank account and arrange health insurance.

Any questions?

If you're new to the Netherlands, you probably have a lot of questions ranging from finding affordable housing to choosing the right school for your children. Feel free to ask questions during the intake interview or contact us by phone or email.

T: +31 (0)615139885 or + 31 (0)627085720 or +31 (0)646991449

Find us

The Staff Immigration Office is located at the Leeuwenburg:
Weesperzijde 190
Room A.14.28 (on the 14th floor)
1097 DZ Amsterdam

Opening hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9:00 to 17:00
Wednesday: closed

International staff at the Faculty of Science

If you are an international staff member employed by the UvA’s Faculty of Science, the Faculty’s Human Resources department will help you with paperwork, local registration and other matters related to living in Amsterdam and working at the UvA.

Contact us

Human Resources, Faculty of Science
Science Park 904
T: +31 (0)20 525 7805

Opening hours

Monday to Friday: 9:00 – 17:00