During the first months of the Post Master programme, the conservation trainees start applying for possible work placements. This can be at museums, cultural heritage institutions and private conservation studios wordwide, as long as they work within the conservation code of ethics.
Host venues are expected to involve the trainees in all daily matters of working practice, for example:
- Participate in ongoing treatments;
- Participate in professional discussions;
- Become acquainted with studios of various specialisations if present at the host venue;
- Participate in assessing objects of cultural heritage;
- Be involved in loan procedures;
- Take part in meetings.
The interns are expected to conform to the house rules of the host venue. All documentation and other reports should be completed and handed-in to both the host venue supervisor and the UvA supervisor before the end of the internship.