For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

Applying to a programme

There are several steps involved in the admissions process – from checking the entry requirements and submitting your application to ultimately being enrolled at the UvA. The steps and deadlines may differ depending on which type of programme you wish to apply to.


For coronavirus updates, please see

How to apply: Bachelor's programmes

Follow our step-by-step guide on how to apply for our Bachelor's programmes.

How to apply: Master's programmes

The application process for Master's programmes differs per programme, but you can find a general overview of the steps on our Master's application process page.

More information

Any questions? 

If you have questions about the application and admissions process, or about studying at the UvA, you can contact our Central Student Service Desk. 

Information for refugees

Refugees wishing to study at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) must follow the same application procedure and meet the same entry requirements as all prospective UvA students who come from outside the European Union. Looking for more information ? Check our webpage for refugee applicants.

Information for current students who are switching programmes

Current UvA students who would like to switch to another Bachelor's programme must follow the same application procedure (and meet the same entry requirements) as new students.

  • If you plan to switch programmes make sure to apply before 1 August.
  • Start the application process in Studielink. If you attended secondary school abroad, include this in Studielink. Admission will be based on your secondary education rather than your current programme.
  • If you hold a resident permit and did not obtain 30 EC, you cannot switch programmes. Please make an appointment with the student counsellors for assistance.
  • If you have obtained a negative binding study advice, please inform the student counsellor about the outcome of your appeal in regard to your resident permit.