Applicants from partner universities
Erasmus+, Global exchange and QTEM students from partner universities are selected and nominated by their home university. Students can contact the international office at their home university for information on the local application procedure.
Important information for free mover applicants
- Applicants who are students of a university of applied sciences are not admissible
- Free mover applicants of partner universities of the UvA might not be eligible for the UvA EB exchange programme
Additional entry requirements for free mover applicants
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 (US system), or similar
- Non-native English speakers will need to demonstrate their English proficiency in order to be eligible for the UvA EB exchange programme. They are required to submit a valid English test score.
The following applicants are exempted from the English test:
- Native English speakers: those who have obtained their diploma or bachelor’s degree in Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Applicants with one of the diplomas on this list
- Applicants who have an International Baccalaureate Diploma with English A HL or SL, or English B HL
- Applicants who have completed a European Baccalaureate with English as first or second language (minimum result: 6)
- Applicants with a degree from an English-taught University – if the programme was completely taught in English
- Applicants who have participated in an exchange programme of at least six months in an English-speaking country
These applicants need to submit a proof of the language of instruction. If the language of instruction is not mentioned on the transcript or diploma, the student will need to submit a letter from their higher education institute, stating that the curriculum is completely taught in English. Applicants should upload this letter in the translation of transcript section.