How to apply
Exchange students from partner universities have to be nominated by their home university. Students should contact the international office at their home university in case they want information on their nomination procedure.
After UvA Economics and Business accepts your nomination by your home university, you will receive an invitation to start the application.
The University of Amsterdam will send you two emails.
The first email will contain instructions on how to apply, please read this email carefully.
The second email will be sent within one working day after the first email, and will include your UvAnetID (student number).
Activate your UvAnetID as instructed in the second email.
Once you have carefully read the information on this page, and once you have activated your UvAnetID, you can go to the student portal www.sis.uva.nl, log in with your UvAnetID, and click on ‘My Admissions’ to submit your application.
Please note that you will need to upload the following documents in PDF format with your application in the SIS student portal:
- Transcript of records in English - please note that master students need to upload both their bachelor and master transcripts
- List of courses in progress
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Scan of passport or ID card (front and back)
See Entry requirements for additional information about English language requirements.
NB Erasmus+ students are exempt from handing in proof of English language proficiency, even though they are expected to have the same English language proficiency. You can select the option no / not yet under the ‘Language requirements' section in the application module.
Once we have evaluated your application, we will contact you about course enrolment.
- Application deadline for an exchange in the 1st semester (Fall semester): 22 April
- Application deadline for an exchange in the 2nd semester (Spring semester): 8 October
Free mover (independent exchange) applicants
Independent students who meet the entry requirements can apply for a place in the UvA EB exchange programme through the form below. Please note that we can host a limited number of free mover students. Please upload the following documents:
- a curriculum vitae in English
- certified copies of your academic transcripts in English (Master’s students should upload both their Bachelor’s and Master’s transcripts)
- list of courses in progress
- a proof of your English language proficiency (IELTS / TOEFL / CAE)
Please submit all additional documentation as per the instructions on the form and make sure your records are up to date.
Please note that free mover applicants of partner universities of the UvA might not be eligible for the UvA EB exchange programme.
Application deadlines for independent exchange students (free movers) who wish to study at UvA Economics and Business:
- 1st semester: 22 April
- 2nd semester: 8 October
Information on tuition fees for free movers.
Due to housing shortages in Amsterdam accommodation cannot be guaranteed. Exchange students who apply for UvA student housing will participate in a draw. Freemover students are excluded from the draw and cannot be offered UvA housing services. Please find more information on the following subjects by clicking on the links below: