- Are you interested in how people interact with their environment?
- Do you want to understand where particularities of places come from and why spatial differences matter?
- Do you want to contribute to a more inclusive and sustainable world, by studying how economic, political, social, cultural and ecological processes come together in space?
- Are you interested in topics such as development of cities, everyday urban life, territorial conflicts, migration, global inequalities, climate change and sustainability, economic value chains, financial geography?
If yes, this minor will suit you!
This minor is set up as a dual-language programme, which means that Dutch language students can decide to take some of the tutorials in Dutch and are allowed to write in Dutch. However, it is possible that if too few Dutch language students register for courses the Dutch language tutorials are canceled and all teaching is in English.
Geographies of Inequality1—212
Restricted-choice electives: Thematic Geography electives:1—618
Migration & Population Dynamics1—212
Financial & Economic Geography4—512
Spatial Implications of Environmental Change4—512
Stadsgeografie (only in Dutch)4—512
Related Master's programmes
The minor Human Geography is an excellent preparation for one of the tracks within the Master's Human Geography:
- Economic Geography (Human Geography)
- Political Geography (Human Geography)
- Spatial Sustainability Studies
- Urban Geography (Human Geography)
Always check the entry requirements of the Master's programme of your interest.
- Students must have completed their first bachelor year.
- Students from universities of applied sciences (HBO) must have completed their second bachelor year.
- Students can register for the minor by completing the webform (see the course catalogue).
- To participate in courses from the minor you need to enrol during the course registration period.
- Students from other universities must first enrol as a minor student of the UvA on http://www.studielink.nl