Students who are interested in the complex problems of metropolitan development in a globalising world.
Cities and Change???studyprogramme .period??? 16
Amsterdam: Sense, Space and Public design (previous name: Perspectives on Amsterdam)???studyprogramme .period??? 26
Urban planning: Contesting the city1—212
Urban planning: Building the city4—512
Urban planning: Moving the city4—512
Urban Places and Social Problems???studyprogramme .period??? 16
The Identity of the City in Latin America???studyprogramme .period??? 26
Capstone: Interdisciplinary Literature Review???studyprogramme .period??? 36
Related Master's programmes
Depending on which courses you choose in the minor Urban Studies, this minor may serve as a good preparation for some academic Bachelor’s students who want to apply for admission to the Research Master's programme in Urban Studies or the Master's programmes in Urban and Regional Planning and Urban Geography (Human Geography). In addition to the programmes mentioned above, our students also apply for admission to various Master's programmes in the field of sustainability at other Dutch universities. Always check the entry requirements of the Master’s programme you are interested in.
- The minor is open to students who have completed at least 60 EC.
- With restriction open to students from universities of applied sciences (HBO).
International exchange students are contacted by their programme coordinator regarding enrolment. Students from Dutch universities can enrol the following way:
- Students from other universities may enrol as a guest student in this minor programme at the UvA.
- Fill in the application form on the minor page of the digital Course Catalogue.
- Use your student ID number to register for the course in SIS.