Why choose the Quantitative Finance track?
- Alongside the 6 general courses of the MSc Finance curriculum, you will take a course in computer programming applications to finance and three electives of your choosing.
- You will be lectured by experienced professors who will introduce you to state-of-the-art data analysis methods and finance research. You will also interact with industry experts from Dutch firms and work on practical case assignments.
- The track offers an innovative elective on algorithmic trading and arbitrage strategies. As well as courses on derivatives, risk management, and behavioural finance.
Watch Stijn's review of the MSc in Finance.
Help develop the role of big data in finance
In many areas within finance, expertise in quantitative tools and programming is rapidly growing in demand. In this track you will learn how to build quantitative models that calculate derivative prices, risk-adjusted performance of investment strategies, and risk exposure under regulatory regimes. You will also learn how to scale these models so they can be applied to massive datasets. You do not need any prior experience in computer science.
Graduates of the Quantitative Finance track have excellent job prospects at hedge funds and other quantitative trading firms, proprietary trading desks of investment banks, risk management departments and FinTech startups. Recent graduates have worked at:
- Goldman Sachs
Is the Master’s in Finance for you?
The MSc Finance trains you to develop a solid foundation of critical thinking and data analysis skills, combined with the specialist knowledge you need to excel. You will get the most out of the programme if you are:
- analytically strong;
- can use logical thinking to build up from assumptions to conclusions;
- have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- have an interest in data analytics.
Vera Scholten: 'The information I am currently absorbing is all very interesting and what I expected to learn and more! The courses all seem to fit together quite well.'
Explore all MSc Finance tracks
Quantitative Finance is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Finance. Take a look at the other tracks.