Molecular Sciences will suit you, if you...
- Have a solid background in the core disciplines of chemistry.
- Are interested in using the molecule as the starting point for gaining fundamental insights about materials and chemical, biological and physical processes.
- Want to move from understanding chemical and physical processes, to predicting and controlling them.
- Are eager to apply your knowledge and skills in areas of fundamental importance to society such as energy, sustainability, health and materials sciences.
- Want the benefits of a small-scale programme in which students and staff are in close contact.
Joint degree programme with VU Amsterdam
Molecular Sciences is a track in the Master's programme Chemistry, a joint degree programme of the University of Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Courses are taught at locations of both universities. UvA and VU jointly issue a degree certificate to graduates. As a Chemistry student in Amsterdam you benefit from expertise, networks and research projects at both universities and affiliated research institutes.