Would you like to find out if Training & Development is the right programme for you? Introductions are available throughout the year. Sign up to attend the UvA Bachelor’s Week or find an overview of all our events.
In this Master's track, you will be trained as a trainer and be provided with a wide range of skills. You will learn to take a critical look at yourself as a trainer, and to approach assignments with a scientific perspective. You start with the Trainer Skills Practical, where you learn how to apply the theory in practice, followed by the Trainer Internship, where you will learn how to guide group processes based on your own style. You will conclude the track with a Master’s thesis, in which you will conduct research on a topic related to training.
The following questions are addressed during this Master's track:
- How do you motivate a group to self-insight and behavioural change?
- Which style of trainer suits you best?
- How do you adapt to the needs of the group without losing authenticity?
- Where is the balance between creating a safe learning environment and acting professionally?
- What are the limits of the changeability of behaviour and when is it harmful?
Graduates of the track have the knowledge and skills to supervise group processes. Alumni have gone on to work as:
- Trainer in social and communication skills at profit and non-profit organisations
- Freelance trainer
- Self-employed person with own consultancy/training agency as consultant, trainer, coach
- Psychology lecturer or skills trainer at HBO institutions or universities
- Training adviser
Is Training & Development for you?
Yes! If you:
- Want to become a professional trainer
- Want to guide group processes
- Want to put science into practice
- Like to reflect upon yourself and your social behaviour
- Are open to give and receive feedback
- Are interested in group dynamics
Go to the Admission requirements