For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.


Students with a nationality of a European Union or European Economic Area member state do not need an entry visa to enter or a residence permit to stay in the Netherlands. You can travel to and stay in the country with your valid EU/EEA passport.

Valid passport of one of the EU/EEA countries

Check the IND website for a list of all EU/EEA member states. If your country of origin is listed here, you don’t need an MVV entry visa or a Dutch residence permit (VVR). Please make sure that your current passport is valid for the duration of your study programme so that you can travel to and from the Netherlands.

Emergency contact details

You can notify us on who to call in case of an emergency. Login to your MyInfo account to add your emergency contact details. The UvA Immigration team will be unable to change them, so make sure to check before submitting.

Practical matters for EU/EEA students

Before your travel to the Netherlands as an EU/EEA national, some practical matters need your attention. Please click on the following links for more information.