Why choose Banking and Regulation?
- Beside the 6 general courses of the MSc Finance in your curriculum, you will have 4 courses with focus on risk management and developments in banking.
- You will be lectured by experienced professors who will introduce you to state-of-the-art data analysis methods and finance research. You will also interact with industry experts from Dutch firms and work on practical case assignments.
- You will have excellent job prospects at the risk management groups of investment banks, commercial banks, government regulators, central banks, macroeconomic forecasting firms, and FinTech companies that specialize in lending or payment processing.
Watch Stijn's review of the MSc in Finance.
Help financial institutions prepare for future developments
Recent crises have taught us a lot about the challenges that banks and their regulators face. How should their lending and investment activities be managed, to balance bank profitability with systemic risk? What is the primary purpose of banks in evolving financial markets? How can the banking sector be optimally regulated? The Banking and Regulation track provides you with the theoretical foundation to analyse these key issues and formulate your own motivated opinions on developments in banking, risk management, ethics, and financial regulation.
Graduates of the Banking and Regulation track of our Master's in Finance have excellent job prospects. Recent graduates have worked at:
- ABN AMRO Bank
- Central Banks
- Authority of Financial Markets
Is the Master’s in Finance for you?
The MSc Finance trains you to develop a solid foundation of critical thinking and data analysis skills, combined with the specialist knowledge you need to excel. You will get the most out of the programme if you are:
- analytically strong;
- can use logical thinking to build up from assumptions to conclusions;
- have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- have an interest in data analytics.
Vera Scholten: 'The information I am currently absorbing is all very interesting and what I expected to learn and more! The courses all seem to fit together quite well.'
Explore all MSc Finance tracks
Banking and Regulation is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Finance. Take a look at the other tracks.