The application process consists of 5 steps.
1. Follow the deadlines
Make sure to follow the deadlines.
2. Check the entry requirements
The entry requirements depend on where you have completed your prior education, these are the requirements for the September 2023 intake:
- Applicants with an international degree: check the entry requirements
- Applicants from another UvA faculty or Dutch university: check the entry requirements
- Applicants from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO): check the entry requirements
3. Register in Studielink
Studielink is the national online registration system for students who would like to pursue a degree programme at a Dutch university. All students who would like to apply to a programme at the University of Amsterdam need to register in Studielink first.
4. Submit your online application in Embark
After registering in Studielink, you will receive your UvAnetID. You need this student number to apply via our online application system Embark. Make sure you keep an eye on the deadlines!
5. Pay the tuition fee (after admission)
Your tuition fee needs to be credited to the UvA’s bank account one day before your degree programme starts at the latest (31 August for a September start).
Once you are (conditionally) admitted, follow the instructions and read the information provided by the department or programme staff about practical matters (Visa and housing), housing (Dutch info), and further enrolment at the University.