Would you like to find out if Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology is the right programme for you? Introductions are available throughout the year. Sign up to attend the UvA Bachelor’s Week or find an overview of all our events.
During our Bachelor's programme you will gain understanding in historical and contemporary anthropological debates and learn how to understand cultural differences between people. Along the way, you learn to read and write ethnographic texts and hone your research skills.
The programme is unique as it is the largest in Europe, providing you all the opportunity to dive deep in courses that fit your interests.
The programme director Milena Veenis and others tell you about Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology.
Connecting society with theory and research
A variety of transfer opportunities
Upon completion of the studies, you will be awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology. This qualifies you for a range of professional career opportunities.
The academic, research and practical skills that we teach will prepare you for different professions, such as:
- government policy advisor;
- project leader at (inter)national organisations and NGOs;
- country specialist;
- documentary filmmaker
Is Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology for you?
Does the following apply to you?
- You like to immerse yourself in other groups, cultures and societies;
- You are willing to reflect on your own ideas and prejudices;
- You are interested in people’s motives and behavior;
- You like to read, think and write analytically;
- You are interested in working as an intermediary between cultures,
Then anthropology might be right for you!