Why choose Environmental Economics?
- Beside the 3 general courses of the MSc Economics in your curriculum, you will have 3 courses with focus on how economic decisions, market forces, governmental policies and the environment interact.
- You will learn from professors and experts working in a wide range of economic organisations and fields. Therefore, you have access to up-to-date cases and learnings from the field of environmental economics.
- After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect at e.g. national ministries, policy analysis bureaus and consultancy firms with international focus.
Watch Orlando's experiences with the MSc Economics. What is it like to study at UvA? What does he think of the programme, his fellow students and the campus?
Hi, I'm Henry! I'm a Master’s student in Economics from the Dominican Republic. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Henry
Help analyse and design solutions
In this track you learn to understand the complex interactions between economic decisions, market forces, governmental policies and the environment. You will be trained to think comprehensively about problems involving multiple challenges related to environmental policies, such as inequalities, unemployment, economic and human development, urban organisation, and many others.
Graduates of the Master's programme in Economics/Environmental Economics track have excellent job prospects for positions as researchers and experts at:
- National ministries and governmental agencies
- International organisations, such as EU and OECD
- Bureaus for policy analysis
- Nationally or internationally oriented consultancy firms
- Applied research institutes
Is the Master's in Economics for you?
Studying economics gives you an understanding of the world we live in and its inner workings. If you have a natural interest in what makes the world tick, you have a head start. Economists analyse a situation, weigh up the evidence and draw various conclusions for policy action. A critical, analytical mind and the ability to think logically are crucial, as is having a way with numbers and an affinity for math.
Are you an ambitous student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Economics tracks
Environmental Economics is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Economics. Take a look at the other tracks.