Voor de beste ervaring schakelt u JavaScript in en gebruikt u een moderne browser!
Je gebruikt een niet-ondersteunde browser. Deze site kan er anders uitzien dan je verwacht.
Research Master
Child Development and Education

Application and Admission

Follow the steps below to apply for this degree programme.

Application process
  • 1. Check deadlines

    The Research Master programme starts once a year in September. 

    • The application deadline is 1 March for applicants with a non-EU/EEA nationality.*
    • The application deadline is 1 June for applicants with a Dutch or other EU/EEA nationality.

    *Please note that in order to enroll in September we need to have received official certified copies of your degree certificate and transcripts before 1 May.  These documents should be sent by post.

  • 2. Check entry requirements

    2.1 Entry requirements

    The entry requirements for the Research Master Child Development and Education are outlined in the document below.

  • 3. Submit enrolment application in Studielink
  • 4. Activate your UvAnetID

    After submitting your enrolment application in Studielink, you will receive an email with your UvAnetID. Follow the instructions in the email to activate your ID as you will need it to complete your UvA application.

  • 5. After your registration in Studielink
  • 6. Wait for admission decision

    The candidate will be informed within 4-6 weeks about the admission decision through email the admission committee.

After (conditional) admission
  • 7. Accept/decline offer

    After you have been (conditionally) accepted to the Master’s programme and we have sent you the letter of (conditional) acceptance, you will receive an Accept Offer sent to you by MyInfo. Please follow the instructions and confirm this Accept Offer. We will only continue to further process your application, including your housing and possibly visa application, after you have confirmed our Accept Offer.

  • 8. Submit certified documents
    • If you have been (conditionally) admitted to our Master's programme, we need to verify your previous education. This means that we have to check whether you have successfully completed your Bachelor’s programme. Verification is done based on the records provided by DUO.

    For international students:

    • If you completed your Bachelor’s programme abroad, please send us certified copies of your transcripts and degree certificates, so we can check them. You need to send us these documents by post. Plain copies or scans of the original certified documents are not accepted.  You may also need to submit an official English test score report.
    • You can find more information about the certified documents and where to send them to in your (conditional) acceptance letter.
    • We will need to have received these official documents at the latest one month before the start of the programme for EU/EEA students. For students who need an entrance visa for the Netherlands and/or have also applied to one of our scholarships, we will need to have received their official documents, including proof of Bachelor graduation, before 1 May.
  • 9. Register for immigration, housing, start appointment

    If you are an international student, you will need to arrange a variety of practical matters before starting your studies. This includes your visa or residence permit, insurance and housing. You will receive an email with more information about this after you have been admitted.

    Please keep in mind that the housing market in Amsterdam is very competitive and that applying for student houding through the UvA does not guarantee placement. Therefore, we advise you to start your orientation for houding options early and to always explore the private housing market as well. The UvA houding service is always offered for a fixed period of one year (i.e. two semesters) to new incoming international students. 

    Get more information about practical matters for international students.

  • 10. Attend introduction day

    The introduction day for the Research Master Child Development and Education will take place in the week before the start of the new academic year. Make sure that you attend the introduction day, so you can meet your fellow students and teachers.

  • 11. Request student ID card

    A student ID card is a personal card which serves as proof of identity for examinations or borrowing library books. You will receive instructions on how to request your student ID card. 

  • 12. Register for courses

    Once you are admitted, follow the instructions provided by the faculty or programme staff regarding courses for which you might need to register separately.

  • 13. Pay the tuition fee

    You will need to pay the tuition fee in order to complete your enrolment for a degree programme at the UvA.

    Find out more about how to pay the tuition fees.