The knowledge and skills acquired during this programme provide an effective grounding for jobs in which analytical rigor and research are central. Graduates can be found working in:
- public opinion and market research companies
- advertising and media agencies
- (semi-)governmental research organisations
- PR and consultancy
- new media companies
- international, national and local governments and NGO’s
- major corporations
- teaching in higher education programmes
Alumni are currently working at BMW, Ad agency Kessels Kramer, media agency MediaCom, market research agency Kantar, Amsterdam Medical Center, digital marketing agency Dept, and as PhD students at Amsterdam School of Communication Research and the Amsterdam Business School.
Your diploma is not a farewell
After graduating, you don't have to say goodbye to the University of Amsterdam! We are happy to help you develop your career. You can join the young alumni programme, which will assist you in mapping out your career. And as an alumnus, you can also still use the Student Careers Centre.
UvA Student Careers Centre
The Student Careers Centre is there to help with your career development. You can contact them to discuss your options, ambitions and doubts at any time during your studies.
- Five times a year, the Graduate School of Communication hosts a colloquium series called Communication Science on the Spot. During these sessions, a communication professional is interviewed by a Graduate School lecturer or researcher. Attendees are always encouraged to ask questions and join the conversation in order to help stimulate a lively debate. Previous speakers include Mirthe Enklaar (PepsiCo Benelux), Jutta Jakob (Newzoo), Belinda Borck (Tony's Chocoloney) and Ashley Vinson (Twitter).
- We regularly organise events and workshops under the name Career Matters that help you prepare yourself for entry into the job market. The workshops are designed to help you gain practical, relevant skills that will help improve your employability after graduation. Think of topics related to online marketing for example, such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Analytics or Social Advertising, or to the field of journalism, such as writing an effective press release or a journalistic blog.