Due to an extensive focus on advanced quantitative and qualitative research skills, you will be able to independently carry out high-quality scientific research after completion of this programme.
Graduates can be found working in:
- PhD positions
- communication consultancy
- public opinion and market research companies
- (semi-)governmental research organisations
- media and advertising agencies
- new media companies
- international, national and local governments and NGO’s
- major corporations
- teaching in higher education programmes
Your diploma is not a farewell
After graduating, you don't have to say goodbye to the University of Amsterdam! We are happy to help you develop your career. You can join the young alumni programme, which will assist you in mapping out your career. And as an alumnus, you can also still use the Student Careers Centre.
UvA Student Careers Centre
The Student Careers Centre is there to help with your career development. You can contact them to discuss your options, ambitions and doubts at any time during your studies.
- Five times a year, the Graduate School of Communication hosts a colloquium series called Communication Science on the Spot. During these sessions, a communication professional is interviewed by a Graduate School lecturer or researcher. Attendees are always encouraged to ask questions and join the conversation in order to help stimulate a lively debate. Previous speakers include Mirthe Enklaar (PepsiCo Benelux), Jutta Jakob (Newzoo), Belinda Borck (Tony's Chocoloney) and Ashley Vinson (Twitter).
- We regularly organise events and workshops under the name Career Matters that help you prepare yourself for entry into the job market. The workshops are designed to help you gain practical, relevant skills that will help improve your employability after graduation. Think of topics related to online marketing for example, such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Analytics or Social Advertising, or to the field of journalism, such as writing an effective press release or a journalistic blog.