The full step-by-step guide for applying to Bachelor’s programmes can be found via the link below. Please read the additional information presented below in the bullet list first and then carefully follow the step-by-step application guide (the 8 steps before 'After conditional admission') in order to apply for this Bachelor's programme. As this Bachelor’s programme is not selective, make sure to navigate to the information for non-selective programmes while following the step-by-step guide. After you have been conditionally accepted into the programme, there are additional steps to take, regarding which extra information is also given in the bullet list below.
- Under step 1. Check entry requirements: deadlines, the relevant information for non-selective programmes can be found under ‘Applicants for other Bachelor's programmes’.
- Please skip step 2, which is intended only for selective programmes, and find the relevant entry requirements under step 3. Check entry requirements: prior education and step 4. language proficiency.
- When taking step 5. Submit enrolment request in Studielink, make sure to register in Studielink for Archaeology. When asked, indicate that you want to follow the programme in English.
- For information on UvA Matching for international students, which is to take place after conditional admission, please see the information on this current page instead, as each Bachelor’s programme within the Faculty of Humanities has a customised matching procedure.
- An additional step not listed in the step-by-step guide is required: please fill out the intake form after you have received it via email. You can find more information on this below, on this current page.
UvA Matching Archaeology for international students
UvA Matching is a mandatory part of your enrolment in a Bachelor's programme at the UvA. You will become acquainted with the programme and with studying, and will have the opportunity to check whether the programme is a good fit for you. The Matching procedure for Archaeology will take place online.
You can register for Matching once you have been (conditionally) accepted to the programme. Once you have activated your UvAnetID, you will gain access to SIS, where you can see Matching in the Enrolment Checklist. You can register for Matching by using the SIS Planner. Please register as soon as possible for UvA matching. It is not possible to register for UvA matching after 5 June.
After you have enrolled, you can visit Canvas, the UvA’s virtual learning environment, in order to complete the Matching and to look up additional information on the further procedure.
Confirm your participation via the Intake course
From mid-July, after you have been admitted to the programme, you will be invited to an Intake course in Canvas (the digital study platform of the UvA). This invitation will be sent to the email address you have registered in Studielink. You are required to confirm your participation in the programme by means of this course. Confirming your participation is necessary in order for you to be registered for first-semester courses.
No later than one day after confirming your participation, you will have access to information on Canvas about introduction activities and the start of the programme. You will also receive more details about the placement in first-semester courses and your personal itinerary.